This article describes the advantages of electricity. Electricity is easy to produce, transport, and utilize. Electricity is indispensable for day-to-day life.
Advantages of Electricity
The followings are the advantages of electricity.
- It is easy to produce electricity by conventional and non-conventional methods. The green energy method of electricity generation method is even easy than fossil fuel-based electricity generation. Overall, electricity generation is easy than the other types of energy generation.
- Electricity is easy to access.
- Renewable sources of electrical energy, such as wind, solar, geothermal, and hydro, do not generate greenhouse gas emissions and are environment-friendly.
- It is easy to transport electrical energy on a large scale over a long distance.
- We can easily transform electrical energy into other types of energy sources, such as heat, chemical and mechanical, etc. Thus, electrical energy is versatile.
- It is convenient to use electricity for every application and it is possible to make many appliances and devices functional.
- The losses in electricity generation and transmission equipment, electrical equipment is very low; thus, electricity is more efficient than other energy sources.
- Electricity is a cheap energy source. The electricity cost is decreasing with newer renewable energy technology and microgrids and smart grids.
- The maintenance cost of electrical energy generation and transportation equipment is low. The maintenance cost of solar, wind, and hydro is even very low.
- The maintenance cost of electrical devices and equipment like bulbs, tube lights and heaters, motors, and many more are very low. The E-vehicles do not require much maintenance.
- It requires less manpower for operation and maintenance.
- It is easy to set up electricity generating units in many sizes, small or big, as per the requirement. Thus, electrical energy is scalable.
- Electrical energy is the most reliable. The interconnection of grids makes the electricity more reliable. The fault in a particular section can be easily isolated and the rest system can be made operative.
- Renewable electrical energy sources are not exhaustive and they lead sustainability of electrical energy. It reduces the dependency on fossil fuels and mitigates climate change.
This is all about the advantages of electricity.