Power system is the core electrical subject. This subject is complicated subject if not comprehended conceptually. This subject is important for GATE / PSUs/IES Exam. On GATE Exam, every year more than 5 questions are asked from Power System.
Therefore, selection of the best book for Power System becomes very important. Some of the best books for electrical Power System are given below.
Best Book for Power System
This book is the best reference book. This book has excellent insightful contents. My comments on this book is as follows.
- Conceptual contents
- You would be able to get the answers of .
- Some of the advanced topics like Power System Economics, Economic Load Dispatch, Relaying, Fault are explained in detail in C. L. Wadhwa. These are the main topics of power system for an electrical engineer.
This hallmark text on Power System Engineering provides the readers a comprehensive account of all key concepts in the field. The book includes latest technology developments and talks about some crucial areas of Power system, such as Transmission & Distribution, Analysis & Stability, and Protection & Switchgear. With all these features, this book is an indispensable text for electrical engineering students. Candidates preparing for various competitive exams, such as AMIE, GATE, IES and IAS, etc., as well as practicing engineers would also find this book extremely valuable as a text/reference book.
1. Complete syllabus coverage along with new trends and technologies
2. Covers latest updates on current and future Indian Power Scenario
3. New chapters on
◆Power System Security
◆State Estimation in Power System
◆Compensation in Power System
◆Renewable Energy and Smart Grid
◆Power System Economics and Management
4. New appendices on
◆Power Electronic Systems
5. Rich pool of solved examples, theoretical and numerical problems, and MCQs with each chapter
Book written BY A. Chakurbarti, ML Soni, PV Gupta and US Bhatnagar
This book is the best book for clearing the power system concepts.